The pharase TO QUIT = to stop, cease, discontinue, to be released from all obligation. This is a phrase I embraced and used for the first time 2 weeks ago. You may wonder why would I do such a thing? The truth behind it is that I feel one should enjoy what they do. Maybe not 100% of the time, but a solid 10% would be acceptable.
I read an article the night before, actually several articles, on reasons to quit and how to do it correctly. A lady named Jamie Varon said that "people who have self-confidence, respect, good teamwork instincts, and a sense of when it's time to cut their losses; these are the people who succeed." Sounded like she knew what was up, so I did it.
What did I get from this? A job offer to teach at the school I just quit from. Super cool. We shall see if it works out. But either way I know I made the right decision. Im livin it up and back on the job search!
Quitting was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment