Backstory: About 2 months ago I was at Fashion Valley shopping for wedding stuff. I was on my way out, walking through nordstroms when I saw them. They were on a cart, not even put out on the floor yet, and they were staring at me with wanting eyes. This is when I fell in love...with my wedding shoes! I went over to look at them without looking at the name brand, and they did not have a price becuase they were not supposed to be out on the floor yet. Next thing I know a nice man, lets call him Lary, was by my side asking me questions, "what would these be for?" "who are they for?" So I answered, how I saw them and picture them at my wedding, and so on. He begins to tell me that they just got these shoes and asked for my size. I reply "11, the biggest you have." If you dont clarify the bigness they always bring me size 7, and tell me this is the biggest they have, like my size 11 foot would fit in. Anyways...while Lary is looking for my shoe i have about 2 girls and three, lets say feminine, employees around me asking about all the details of my wedding. I must take after my mom, because I told them...everything. About 30 min later, with 5 different shoes in front of me I just tell them that I will come back because I have to go. Lary comes back and insists I try a size 10 because the 11 is misplaces. I put it on, they gasp. They are the pretiest shoes! I felt like Cinderella, they were perfect! But, I needed a bigger size. 30 min later I found myself, with my ne friends (all 6 of them), at the cash register purchasing these perfect shoes. Lary rang my up, my fans are cheering me on (literally), and he tells me "sweetie, your totall is three hundred and one dollars and seventy one cents....." This is when i stopped breathing. Who in their right mind would spend that much money on shoes?! I mentally calculated and figured I had a solid 350 in my bank. Thats when I bought them. I did it. I did it!!!!
After I left the store I called my best friend Rania, sister Keri, sister Tera, text Ailish, and began to sweat. I just imagined people coming up and stealing these shoes that I can not afford at all! I dont know how people shop and spend so much money, then walk around, it is like having a million dollars in your purse i swear. Ok, so after talking to my peeps I decided that I need to return them. Yet, I could not imagine going in to where my friends were to return them only 15 min later. SOOO....i drove about 25 min away to another Nordsroms and returned them. Yup, so I owned the shoes for about 45 minutes. HA!
To the real and quick story. For the past month i have been calling Nordstroms and putting my shoes on hold. just for kicks. Then my Aaron had an idea that he would get them for me for my birthday. Of corse I said NO as I peed myself. I would not let him do that, especially since he designs shoes and knows how much it really costs to make that type of shoe...right? But he did it! On my birthday, while I was crippled on the couch, he let me open my dream shoes!!! I love them so much, and he must really love me because he did say that I was wearing an ipod on each foot.




The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment