Thursday, October 28, 2010

hiking painting eating

Recently I went to visit my best friend Ailish in Albequerque New Mexico. It was super fun and relaxing. She showed me her school, down town, and we ate at a few really good places. I am upset that i did not take more pictures while i was there. In fact, i really did not take pictures untill the night before I left. bummer. I promised Ailish I would not put those pics up so i wont, but it was a good trip. She has a cute puppy, Lula...i like puppies. One thing we did do was go hiking. It was super pretty. We tried to ignore the signs saying "WARNING BEAR ACTIVITY HAS INCREASED OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS" and I made sure to read the sign that explained to me what to do if I encountered a mountain lion. freak! This is what it said "if you see a mountain lion, remain calm and grab your child (no joke?) try to appear big. hold your jacket over your head and hold your arms out. If the lion does not run away throw things at it...and here is the best advice on there, RUN!" it was rediculous. So about 30 min into the hike the thin air and anticipation of a bear or mountain lion attack, oh and no medical insurance, made us retreat back to the bottom of the mountain. look at the view!




And here is the ONly pic i got of Ailish and I. Not lookin to good.

I also got to have a play date with my niece Bailey. She is getting so big and all she does is talk talk talk all day long. It is great, but you also have to be careful of what you say. No joke, last week she looked at a puddle in the driveway and said "what the heck!" hahahaha. i just couldnt stop laughing. On our playdate we made pampcakes.


We then made a tent...So much fun. I remember making a tent when i was little, but i remember them being a lot better and bigger. Bailey did not mind, we got a flashlight and had a picnic in there.


We then played in the rain.


Then we played dress up
We went shopping for Aarons birthday present together after this. She tried to convince me to buy Aaron a "baby" so that I can give it to him and then he can share with her. It was a convincing argument, but unfortunatley we came home empty handed. Our date ended with a craft of painting. It was so much fun. I love my dates with Bailey. Maybe more than she does. ha


oh and she ran away from me a lot this day so i documented that too.

the end.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a super fun day I wish I could've joined you. Bailey loves hanging out with you so much she's going to be so sad in january I think we'll be taking a lot of road trips

    ReplyDelete