Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Engaged!

It is 100% official! I am engaged and super excited to marry Aaron my fiance. So Aaron has been pretty busy with work so I did not think he would have the time to come visit me this weekend. Also, it is kind of a drag to come all the way down here from Huntington when I have to work both friday and Sat nights. Anyways...Aaron ended up coming and suprising me Saturday morning. I was still sleeping, and he was extraoridinarily excited to see me. I mean he is an energetic guy, but it was ealry and i was sleeping, and I kinda knew something was up (strange occurance #1).
The rest of the day we just hung out. He wanted to go to the beach or take the dogs on a walk (strange occurance #2), but I insisted that we just hang out and eat before I had to leave for work. Or corse I choose to eat. haha.
Around 2:30 I left for work. Right when I got in the car I called my sister Tera to ask if Aaron had the ring and was going to propose to me, due to the strange occurances of him coming down when he has a lot of work, being excited, and wanting to walk the dogs...She said she did not know (lie!) and was going to get back to me. Next step was to text Keri, I figured she would tell me the truth, she lied too!! I am glad they both did! good sisters.
It is funny when my family knows something. They are super excited so they do things differently that I noticed. They call me more than often, text me strange things and so on. I learned this from when my family thought my dog Shorty died and they were being a little to nice. The same thing happened on Saturday. About one hour into my shift I got a phone call from my dad. He was wondering when i was gonig to get off...I told him the same time I have gotten off my Saturday shifts for the last 3 years, 10:30...He said to get off earlier if I could because Aaron was alone (strange occurance #3). I continued working, hating that people do not know how to tip, and around 9 I got another text from Tera. It said "when are you going to be done? I want to make a delicious cake!" That was a fatty lie (strange occurance #4). So the next hour and a half while I was cleaning I was thinking about cake! i wanted it and needed it.
I am dragging this story out because to me it is all these things that made this proposal complete. So around 10:15 I left work and was on my way home. My rides home from work consist of calling AAron, when he doesnt answer I call Rania, Will, Ailish, really anyone who will talk to me about anything but hamburgers and fries.I spoke to Aaron quickly and asked who was there, he said everyone, including Bailey, Kaci and Brian, a little late for them to be over dont you think? (strange occurance #5). However, this night Will was the lucky one who got to talk to me the entire way home. I was talking away, forgetting about all the strange occurances, until I pulled down my driveway and saw this!

I know I already showed this pic, but it fit in the story here and I had to put it again. I quickly got off the phone with Will telling him "I think i'm getting engaged." I slowly approached the stairs, with a smile on my face the entire way. No dogs came after me, and I was kinda wondering where everyone was. The house was completley quiet and dark, very strange for the Millers considering that everyone was there. I walked up my candle lit stairway and just kept saying to myself, how romantic is this!! Sidenote: if you have seen Greys Anatomy when Derek makes a house for Meredith out of candles...this is exactly what I felt like. ha! Anyways, the path of candles continued all the way into my room. And there he was...Aaron all dressed up in a suit and tie with candles surrounding him. Sounds dreamy right? I approached him and told him "this is nice." Because for some reason I express my emotions with strange phrases, when I totally could have cried with excitment. He told me some really nice things about love and life, and love and to be 90% honest I did not remember anything he said! horrible. I was just too excited to listen, but knew it was good and saw a little white box in his hand that I was incredibaly anxious to open. I did ask him later to remember what he said, and he told me so that I could write it down in my journal. His speech ended with asking me to marry him and putting the ring on my finger (he went for the right hand first). I said YES...we were soo excited at that moment. A few seconds passed and next thing I know, he is opening an ice cold Diet Coke as a celebratory drink. This guy knows me too well! We drank the delicious DC, then I asked him what do we do now. He said walk outside, so I did. I yelled that Im getting married, and my family all cheered!!! It was the best because my family had front row seats to the proposal. they were out on the balcony that faces my room and were so quiet during the entire thing, I had no clue they were there. I am really happy that my family was all there! We took pics, I sent texts and called my peeps, and then we opened some sparkling cider to celbrate!~
Here is Aaron setting up before.

Me in my Rubys costume. I am kinda glad I was because I think it adds a little flavor to the entire event. And when i show people they can say "you used to wear that to work?" Key words 'used to'

We celebrated with the same cups my little sister used. They say eat drink and be married. precious


Boom... my ring! it is sooo beautiful!


disregaurd that huge hand and look at what Aaron put on my finger. Whoop whoop. Now I can oficially plan my wedding with a ring on my finger. I love it and Aaron sooo much~! cheesy i know.


there are more pis of the candles and such, but they are all on Aarons Camera. I will post them later...maybe. I feel so lucky to marry Aaron, and the next four months or so will be super busy planning a great party!

4 comments:

  1. omy...i love it!! i feel i was there.. sorry i wasnt.. but i knew the play by play from aaron!! totally punked you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried a little bc I'm so happy for you!! I wish they got it all on video bc I would love to see it!! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just so beautiful Toni!!! I wanted, needed, had to hear it!!!!
    Woo woo look at all your comments now. You have followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post...it made me SO happy for the both of you. What a great proposal!! Can't wait for the PARTAY!!

    ReplyDelete