Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Power of Personality

As most of you know I have been on the job search for about a year. It was getting discouraging...But then I realized one thing was missing from my resume....It is my personality. DUH! Why did I not think of this earlier.

Obviously I can not put my unique humor, sarcastic slander, and semi-bluntness on a resume. I can not put that I rather shop then read a newspaper. I can not put that I want money to shop. I can not put that I really want to teach but can not find a job. But lately that is all I want to say in interviews. Its bad. I feel like this picture of a dead cow I took in Idaho (no personality!)... Not really, but look at the vulture about to embark on this fresh flesh.


So lately I have been going around to different colleges introducing myself. I guess I wanted them to see the 'human' TONI THOMAS and not the 'paper' TONI THOMAS. Believe me the 'human' one is way more put together. SO far it has been great!I emailed 14 schools and only 3 have emailed me back...BUT all 3 schools have been super kind and nice and awesome. I mean why wouldn't they be I am basically begging to work for free. NO seriously I am.

I have learned that personality helps...and am thankful I have one.

ThE EnD

2 comments: