I taught my first lesson in church this Sunday. It was on honesty. A good and easy topic. I was a little nervous to teach because I felt like I am so new in the ward and no one will relate with me. I mean I have no kids, been married only 4 months, and am about 20 years younger than everyone else in the class. That being said, I wanted it to be a good lesson. To get a little extra spiritual umph we went to the LA Temple friday. It was fun!
With the help from Aaron, we made the best attention getter. The plan was that I was going to give my class cookies with way to much salt in them after telling them that they were delicious and they were a family recipe and yummy. Then they eat them and they are gross! Then, I ask them how it feels to be lied to?! good right? WEll I sparred them this object lesson and decided to use my cute little nieces and nephews instead. I had Kaci and Samantha ask their little ones what "honesty" meant. Little kate, bless her heart, got it a little confused with modesty...but understood whar lying meant. With the help of their definitions and understanding of consequenses I was able to teach a total of 8 min of my 45 min lesson planned.
Love it. Blogging in twos
ReplyDelete