Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dance Moves

Last week Kaci and I were at the gym and we decided to take a class together. This is something that I always want to do, but due to my uncordination and graciousness, I only like taking them with people. The class we chose was not any regular class though...it was ZUMBA! Yes Zumba! I was uncertain when we first got in there. We were doing the cha-cha and even the "Jerk." Every single move in this class required hip movement, body rolls, and dance ability. BUT, I tried it and made it through only by watching Kaci and falling a second behind everyone else. I did not care though, you know? Because I was sweating and actually having fun. Plus, the next day I was sore in my ankles and elbows....I think that means I was not salsaing with my hips enough, but sore is good right?. All said and done, this class was awesome people watching (MC Hammer pants and hoop earings, and pretty fun.



On a similar note, I think I am going to start some serious training for a 1/2 marathon. I figure it will give me something else to do that does not require spending money. I think I can do it...Does anyone want to do with? I think it may be fun. I am a bit undecided on the issue.

And I have news.....I turned my thesis in! YAY! what does that mean, you all may be wondering since I have talked about this darn paper for a year now. After my committee members look at it for 2 weeks, I have to defend it. So on Mazrch 22, I am going to a meeting (the one I paid tuition for) and defending this beast of a paper for about 2 hours. From there we will see what happens. If I pass, then I pay someone to do things to it, fix some comments I know will come from someone I refuse to talk about on this happy blog, and I am done! Im excited, but at the same time it is so anticlimatic given the ups and downs of this process. It is ok if you skipped this paragraph, I think I bored myself writing it.

Hey look at this picture I found...isnt tyty handsome!This was "the" family picture day. If you remember it. Classic! haha

4 comments:

  1. My sister cali bought a zumba video back when I lived in provo. Me and my 2 sisters did the video once together and they STILL won't let me live it down. I was the only one that could do the booty shake and they still want me to do it for other people- like a party trick. It's slightly horrifying. I love that your elbow were sore. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! I think we should make it a regular Monday night thing. Maybe we can even get matching Zumba shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... i love it! you training for a 1/2 marathon... let me get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that there are comments! super. this is fun. hahahahaha. with all my spare time I can even update your blogs.

    ReplyDelete